Friday, July 15, 2011

My GREAT find of the summer 2011

Oh My GOODNESS! I just cannot contain myself......
The other day my son and I decided to stop at Salvation Army,
just to check out if they had any' fun stuff' going on.
Well much to delight I found THIS!
A 5 piece silver plated Tea/Coffee service!

This beauty from the International Silver Company was still in the box! You will never guess how much it was.......
Are you ready? (drum roll please....) $9.99 yes... NINE DOLLARS and 99 cents!
Needless to say.....I am SO excited!

I have always wanted one to use at some of my more elegant
tea parties, I have been collecting silver things for tea parties for
a long time but did not have a tea service!
I just love bargain hunting you just never know what
YOU will find!

7 comments:

  1. oh my gosh...YOU LUCKY DUCKY!!!!!!!! could not have happened to a better person...whoop whooop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Donna! You got that at a good price - cause I know how much it cost at regular. MANY years ago - when still a Navy wife - I bought this set at half price thinking to give it to my sister-in-law who was getting married. It was a regular $99.99 that was on clearance at the Navy Exchange. But, when I got it home, I just had to keep it for myself - so I did - and I don't remember what I ended up getting her. Seems eons ago! I don't know what happened to the tray - I haven't see that for some time - but all the other pieces I do have - sorely in need of a shine. A very elegant display indeed - may you entertain lavishly so at your next party!
    Joy!
    Miss Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donna,

    OMG! What a lucky gal you are. This set is so beautiful and elegant. I guess it was your lucky day! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, you definitely SCORED with this! I know you will enjoy using this set -- even more so since you got such a fantastic deal!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Donna!! I'm so glad to find you! Thank you so much for your sweet comment at my blog. I see that you found a treasure! WOW!!! How exciting!! You'll be remembering that for a long time, and I hope enjoying your new tea service too! Blessings, Doni

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. That was a fabulous find. I'm sure you'll really enjoying using this set for your tea parties. Hope you had a fun filled beach vacation.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much, for taking time in your busy day to read my post and visit my blog. I love it when you leave a comment!
What a blessing! Have a wonderful day!